- 1981 – A 501(c)3 not-for-profit educational organization based in Pendleton County ran a countywide survey on area needs. The greatest need expressed was for greater access to health care.
- 1982 – The clinic was incorporated as a not-for-profit organization and an administrator was hired. The clinic opened for business October 1st staffed by a National Health Service Corps MD and a part time Nurse Practitioner.
- 1987 – PCC took on the management contract for the North Fork Clinic.
- 1991 – A Robert Wood Johnson grant started to support the startup and first three years’ operation of two school-based health centers. Funding was subsequently provided by the Benedum Foundation and then by the State of West Virginia through the Division of Primary Care.
- 2000 – PCC attained Community Health Center status which provided ongoing support for improving the quality and increasing the quantity of services available at the clinic.
- 2000 – North Fork Primary Care merged with Pendleton Community Care
- 2002 – added 340B services to help patients who weren’t able to afford medications
- 2008 – Added the two remaining county school facilities for four total school-based health centers and adopted primarily a preventative health and behavioral change focus.
- 2009 – Purchased Pill Box Pharmacy in Franklin
- 2010 – Opened the radiology building for mammography and X-rays
- 2013 – Opened Harman Health Center and Harman Pill Box Pharmacy in response to a growing need for medical services in the Harman area.
- 2015 – Through an expanded services grant, Pendleton Community Care added an in-home medical visit program to assist patients that are home-bound or have issues with transportation to receive the medical care they deserve
- 2016 – Pendleton Community Care added a behavioral health program to complement our medical staff to provide better quality health care.
Pendleton Community Care
82 Pine Street
North Fork Primary Care
16921 Mountaineer Drive
Harman Health Center
15 Mott Street
Franklin Pill Box Pharmacy
203 N. Main Street
Harman Pill Box Pharmacy
15 Mott Street